• To ensure a safeguarding culture is developed within the organisation so that young people’s welfare and safety is paramount at all times.
• To ensure all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse whilst engaged in This is Creative Enterprise (TICE) activities.
• This is Creative Enterprise staff and mentors feel informed and supported in their work-related connections with young people and TICE's reputation is enhanced and safeguarded.
• To provide an environment in which children and young people feel safe, secure, valued and respected, and feel confident, and know how to approach adults if they are in difficulties, believing they will be effectively listened to and that their concerns will be taken seriously and acted upon.
• To raise the awareness of all TICE's staff and mentors of the need to safeguard children and of their responsibilities in identifying and reporting possible cases of abuse.
• To emphasise the need for good levels of communication between all members of staff.
• To develop a structured procedure within 'This is Creative Enterprise; which in cases of suspected abuse will be followed by all members of the organisation.
• To ensure that all staff working within TICE who have substantial access to children have been checked as to their suitability, including verification of their identity, qualifications, and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and a central record is kept for audit purposes.
• TICE is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We will take a considered and sensitive approach in order that we can support children and recognise that each child’s welfare is of paramount importance. We will establish and maintain an ethos where:
o All staff are encouraged to maintain an attitude of “it could happen here” where safeguarding is concerned.
o Through training and awareness with schools and TICE staff and other key identified individuals at TICE will know how to recognise indicators of concern, how to respond to a disclosure from a child and how to record and report this information.
o TICE will work in partnership and endeavour to establish effective working relationships with schools, parents/carers and colleagues from other agencies.