It does not include data where your identity has been removed (anonymous data). We use the personal data we collect from visitors to the website in the following ways:
• to enable you to use any services on this website, and any other websites that we control
• to allow us to respond to any comments through the website or feedback you may give us
• to send you information and updates about our activities
• to generally track the popularity of our content and marketing activities and to improve our website, our services, and our relationships with our supporters
• to manage our relationship with you which may include letting you know about changes to this notice or asking you to take part in a survey
• to administer and protect our organisation, our staff and this website, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data
• If you have posted a submission for a work experience or the opportunities listings, we will also make some of this information public. See the work experience and Opportunities listings section for more details.
We only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We will use your personal data in the following ways:
• When we provide services;
• When it is necessary for our legitimate interests (and they do not override your interests);
•When we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will also ask for your consent to use your personal data to send you updates about our work, and the activities of others that are connected or associated or similar to our work. We operate an ‘opt-in’ policy so that you will only receive information from us if you have asked to receive it. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us or unsubscribing from our mailing lists. If you opt out of receiving our updates, we may still use your personal data for our other legitimate interests.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collect it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will let you know and explain the basis which allows us to do so. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with these rules, where required or permitted by law.